mercredi 26 juin 2013

TIEUMA's COMPILATION : WorldEndPrayers vol.I

Yauh ! This is it, I finally succeed to put together this mixtape, and I swear, this was harsh as hell. Because this July 2012 to July 2013 period was like a constant flow of killer records.
So, after hard choices and compromises, here my World End Prayers, the best songs (In my opinion) of the previously said period. There's no particular order, no ranking, I just threw them as it came.
Anyway, before going any further, if there's a band who don't me to share the songs, you can contact me, and if you're okay with the idea, you can contact me too.
On this tape you'll find plenty of different bands and different style of Punk Hardcore, I saw some of them bands and I wish I could see the others. I bought some these records, borrowed them or just downloaded them. There's a lot of European bands, because this year Europe just killed it. INHERIT is one of te biggest thing for me, NYHC and Crossover Thrash bands all around the world, you can hide in front of them, they will make no prisonners. Talking about NYHC, IRON TO GOLD don't have to blush either, this is European finest in the genre.
I'm a great fan of 90's Metalcore and REPENTANCE & ABOLITION just do it perfectly, their records just activate my ignorant mosh stance everytime. I saw OBSTRUCT live and it was really amazing, so even if it's classic Boston jam, check them out, you won't be disapointed. No comments for VIOLENT REACTION and THE FLEX, just stomp the shit out of the pit.
There's also French bands in there and don't mistaken me, I didn't put them because some are my friends, they are particularly great bands. RAW JUSTICE is on top of the list, even though it's a little too much similar to THE RIVAL MOB (who are also on this tape. I don't have much comments on them as long as they are what's finest in the game right now, the only thing is the sound on the LP is shitty as fuck and it really pissed me off because I expected a sound as I heard on the promo tape. Aside of that little detail : it's a stomper). I pay respect for the effort of ANOTHER FIVE MINUTES and MORE DANGEROUS THAN A THOUSAND RIOTERS (even though the name is awfully too long) who released original and inspired records. Once again, YOUTH AVOIDERS put out a flawless record, as expected.
You will also find some Emo/Screamo gems, and I can tell you it was really hard to choose between everything since a lot of bands in genre pop out with great records this year and also because I'm a fan of the genre. Maybe I'll put out a mixtape with only bands of this style. I saw TIGER MAGIC live and they just amazed me, really great show and they for sure earned their place here. CAUST, KILGORE TROUT and ELESH NORN are kind of the undreamt bands I waited for. It's not like a bad version of ORCHID as usual or a too long boring Post-Rock vibe sound, it's just good screamo : Emotions, Violence and D.I.Y. Really cool.
I discovered CURMUDGEON thanks to MDLM and I have to say I'm not diapointed, because there's a strong political message on pissed of tracks, loose your minds against oppressions. Talking about politically fueled bands, POISON PLANET & SECTARIAN VIOLENCE released some classy stuff this year. I saw the second one one show and it was woth the trip, I can't wait to see HOUNDS Of HATE, their record is a bummer too, Oï inspired mindless hardcore punk, you dance. NAILS did a pretty goddamn good job too with their Abandon All Life LP, it's dark, gloomy, violent and drive me insane too. The only thing is the production which a little bit too proper, but it's alright. The FULL OF HELL split besides is awesome. It was really annoying to choose between these four songs as long as they are really impressive, all of them, and so freakin' angry ! I really want to see that on a show. As always, IRON LUNG gave birth to a serial killer. It's not the best record they put out but it's really efficient and they sure know how to do their stuff. For me this band is a classic and I never was bored by one of their record, sometime always keeping the same way can be good.
MINUS & POWER TRIP's LPs just impresse me. Ok, it can be really tough guy type hardcore but those both do it really well. It's inspired, groovy, aggressive but not cliché and mindless. Plus, you can't resist to mosh your room all the way when it's playing. If you're into this genre, you will be well served. One other big suprise for me this year is ZERO PROGRESS. It's dumb but how much it's good. If you're pissed, angry or you just want unjustified violence, think ZERO PROGRESS. It's kinda the same thing with VIGILANTE, who put out a simple and effecient hardcore release without flourish. It's not too much and just enough but still really unexpected. An overal good job I would say.
The last three bands and records are my year's favorite and I couldn't do this tape without it. It begins with SOUL SEARCH and Oh dear, it's heavy. I don't know why they add a third guitar to the thing but it works well. For me this record is pure and mindless brutality but done with so much classiness and still it's not nonsensical violent mosh hardcore. There's something kinda positive or not so dumb behind this record, even though it makes me mosh brainlessly. A must have for me.
Next one is a record I still hear almost daily : MINDSET's Leave No doubt. I really like Youth Crew and my biggest regret is to be born after the greatest bands left, but MINDSET made me forget that. For me, it could really be the Youth Crew band of my generation, and this record is kind of a milestone I will still be listening with pleasure.
Last but not least, TRUE HEADS. I honestly think it's the best record of the year. Some well played Rock done by hardcore kids (Buddies from The First Step and Lion Of Judah). I didn't expected to hear something like that and it just sotcked me. I can't get my hears out of this little gem, and you should do te same !
MINDSET & THE RIVAL MOB's tracks are from the promo tapes, because I think the sound is better.
If you liked any of this, don't hesitate to buy the records !






Inherit - Long Forgotten Self - The Crushing Wheels Of Samsara (The Essence)
Raw Justice - No Friends - We don't Need Your Friends (Life To Live/Ugly And Proud/Straight And Alert)
Soul Search - The Scapegoat - Nothing But A Nigtmare (Back To Back)
Abolition - The Cleansing - Language Of Violence (The Essence)
Sectarian Violence - Reactionary Illusions - Upward Hostility (Carry The Weight)
Violent Reaction - City Streets - City Streets (Painkiller)
Another Five Minutes - 1962 - S/T (Too many labels)
Hounds Of Hate - Clean Today - S/T (Painkiller)
Repentance - War Of Attrition - In Violation Of Asa (Attonement)
Mindset - Leave No Doubt - Leave No Doubt (React!)
Kilgore Trout - In Dust, In Shadow, In Nothing - Immemorial (Quiet Year)
Iron To Gold - High On Faith - The Power Of One (Last Warning/Elephant Skin)
Power Trip - The Hammer Of Doubt - Manifest Decimation (Southern Lord)
Youth Avoiders - Casting Lots - S/T (Build Me A Bomb)
Iron Lung - Monolith - White Glove Test (Prank)
More Dangerous Than A Thousand Rioters - 1961 - History Is Not An Endless Circle (Too many labels)
Minus - The Joke - S/T (Triple B)
Zero Progress - Chaos ! Power ! Madness ! (Piledriver)
True Heads - Dreamchild - S/T (Youngblood)
Nails - No Surrender - Abandon All Life (Southern Lord)
Tiger Magic - Down The Road - Crush On You (Erode)
Caust - Sallekhana - Mass Graves(We Would Be Better Off) (It's a Trap!)
Curmudgeon - Systemic - Amygdala (IFB/Not Normal/Parade Of Spectres)
Poison Planet - Retaliate - Split w/ Government Flu (Refuse)
Obstruct - Our Resolve - No Life (Northern Wisdom)
The Flex - Repressed - Scum On The Run (Milk Run)
Elesh Norn - A Pathetic Way To Say I Need You - All The Pain I Built Up (D.I.Y)
Full Of Hell - Kopf - Split w/ Calm The Fire (Topshelf)
Vigilante - Eliminated - Quality Of Life (Six Feet Under)
The Rival Mob - Mob Justice - Mob Justice (Revelation)

DOWNLOAD

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire